DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Can-Am Wood Bat Tournament - June 4-5, 2016

For the first tournament of the Season, the team travelled to the Town of Cambria in Lockport, NY for the Can-Am Wood Bat Tournament. The first game wasn't scheduled until 9:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and since the drive to the field was just under an hour from the US/Canadian border, we decided to drive down early Saturday morning. 
 
The Town of Cambria is a farming area with nice older homes with huge yards. It was a nice and quiet drive and we made it to the field in time for the games.
 
Game 1
 
The Cardinals' boys were up at bat first and couldn't score any runs.
 
Aaron sent out to cover second base as the boys take the field in the bottom of the first, and it was 3 up 3 down with no runs scored.
 
With one already out, Aaron goes up in the top of the second and he hits a nice one in centerfield, but it's caught! The boys didn't get any runs before the inning ended.
 
Bottom of the second and we load the bases and but only 2 runs were scored before the inning ended.
 
Top of the third and we finally get a runner on base and scored a run! With 2 outs and 2 on base, the next batter pops up and the runner on second didn't wait...and just like that the inning is over!
 
Aaron is still covering second base and no runs were scored.
 
 
MORE HIGHLIGHTS COMING SOON

No comments: