DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Monday, October 17, 2016

Baseball is NOT all Fun & Games...

One of the teams had a change in schedule and organized a game this Saturday, but I had a few errands to run so I had to miss the game.  Obviously, Andy came back with NO photos but he kept saying that Aaron played very well, and considering that he is still trying to get over the nasty cough he has for a couple weeks now.  The team lost but apparently, my son scored the only run for his team in this game, after hitting a triple (and I missed it)!
 
It wasn't until later in the afternoon that they decided to tell me about his souvenir from this game!  He was covering second base and while trying to get a double play, the runner had to slide into second, and he (the runner) and his metal cleats ended up on Aaron's foot! Baseball is not all fun and games like everyone believes...at this level it is a bit more aggressive at times.
 
Baseball is definitely a guy's sport!
(Let's hope this heals quickly)!
 

No comments: