DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Friday, May 26, 2017

Saturday, May 20, 2017...

This morning the team headed to the Wellend Sports Complex in Welland, Ontario for today's games. This is the first time I have been to this particular field. Aaron played here last year with the Cardinals, but I was in Trinidad at the time. I have to say this is probably one of the best baseball fields I have visted so far. Not only is it really nice but someone keeps it very well maintained and extremely clean!

Today Aaron was breaking in his brand new custom designed glove from 44 Pro Gloves, which only arrived yesterday evening.


We reached the field just around 9:00 a.m., and in time for Aaron to join the team in the pre-game workout.
 
Game 1

I had just made myself comfortable when the game got underway at 10:00 a.m. I found a spot right behind home-plate, which I thought would be great for some photos. The Giants were up to bat first and I didn't even realize that Aaron was starting off. He goes up and fouls the very first pitch...and of all places, it lands just mere inches from my head! I now realize why I was the only one sitting there! He hits a nice one in centerfield, but it gets caught. The boys got a couple more hits but the inning ended with 0 runs.

Aaron is sent out to cover second base (his rightful position) as the team takes the field for the bottom of the first. After a couple strike outs, the runner on base is thrown out at second, to end the inning!
 





And that's how you get the out at Second...
Top of the second, with 2 runs, 2 outs and 2 on base, Aaron goes up and he fouls the first pitch again...but I had already moved! He hits and is safe on first...and a run comes in (RBI). He steals second but the next batter strikes out, leaving him right there. The Giants have a total of 3 runs in this inning.

Waiting to move...
Aaron is back on second as the boys head back to the field. BP scored 2 runs before the inning ended.

It was 3 up 3 down for us in the third. BP got 1 on base but no runs before it was over.

Both teams got a couple of walks in the fourth but no one scored.

Top of the fifth, and Aaron starts us off. He fouls one out of the part and hits the next one...but it is caught in left field. We got a few nice hits and 2 more runs before the inning was over.

Bottom of the fifth, and time was called to change the pitcher. Aaron was moved from second to cover short. BP got some hits and 2 more runs.

That's Two!!!
Top of the sixth, with 1 out and the bases loaded, Aaron goes up and he strikes out on a full count. The final batter hits right into the third baseman's gloves, ending the inning and leaving the bases loaded!

It was 3 up 3 down for BP in the bottom of the sixth.

Seventh and final inning of the game, with 4 runs, 2 outs and 2 on base, Aaron goes up and walks, and quickly steal second. The next batter is caught to end the inning...leaving Aaron going to third.

The score is now 12-4 for the Giants and BP couldn't get any more in the bottom of the seventh, so the Giants take this one.

This was a long game (almost 3 hours long) as it's already 12:50 p.m. The teams get a short break before Game 2.

Game 2
 
Game 2 got underway at 1:10 p.m., with the Giant up to bat first. Aaron starts off again, and he fouls 2 before getting caught in left-field. The inning ended with no runs.

Bottom of the first and Aaron heads to the mound as the Giants take the field. Today I was in the perfect position to capture his pitching on video, so I decided to do just that! 


Here's he is pitching the first inning...
 
 
It was also scoreless innings for both the Giants and BP, in the second, third, fourth and fifth innings!!!

 
Aaron came off the mound for the sixth inning and covered second base. The very first run in the game was scored by BP before the inning ended, and the Giants couldn't score in the seventh...ending the game with the win for BP!!!
 
Today he gave his team 5 scoreless innings...
We have been getting a lot of rain here in Toronto so Sunday's game was cancelled because the rain began falling...
 


No comments: