DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Monday, September 12, 2016

Exhibition Game, September 7, 2016

Well Aaron decided that he wanted to tryout for other potential teams for the upcoming 2017 Season.  As he put it..."I want to see what my options are".  One of the teams he tried for offered him a spot the same day of the tryout.  West Toronto is the same team he turned down twice (for the 2015 and 2016 Season).

Tonight we headed over to Keelesdale North Park in Toronto, for an exhibition game of the newly selected team.  As this field is not very far from my work, I decided to work a little overtime and then head over to the field.  The weather channel called for rain and the skies was indeed gloomy but still alright for a game.

The game began at 6 p.m. and the U18's were playing against the U16's, with the U16's heading out on the field first.  I don't remember the order of the line-up but Aaron went out early to bat and he hit a fairly good one but they were able to throw him out at first.  The U18's got a couple of runs in before the inning ended.

The U18's headed out on the field , with Aaron covering short.  Andy thought it might be a little challenging for him as he's played second for most of the 2016 season.  The inning didn't last very long and Aaron was able to get the third out, before any runs were scored, when the batter hit the ball right towards him!

The U18's were back up to bat and we could see Aaron warming up in the bullpen...but before the inning was over, the rain came down, pouring!!!  With the thunder rolling and lightening striking in the sky, we all knew the game was over!  I was really hoping to see him pitch tonight, but that's the way it goes sometimes...
 
 
It was the worst drive home I have ever had...people were just stopping in the middle of the road and not staying in their lanes because the rain was falling so hard.  Thankfully, we all managed to make it home safely, and I had enough time to bake Andy's birthday cake for tomorrow...
 
 

No comments: