DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Welcome...

Well after much coercing from my friends, I caved and finally decided to start this blog.  Apparently people like hearing my baseball mom stories, and experiences at the games! 

My name is Vidya.  I am a mother of 2 very active children, Ariana (who dislikes everything baseball) and Aaron (whose life revolves around a baseball)!  We live in Toronto and our family is made up of myself, Aaron, Ariana, dad Andy and our shihtzu, Reece.

Aaron has been playing baseball for the past 8 years, since the tender age of 6.  He started out at the Rookie Ball level with Rexdale Baseball League and has played on both the House League and Select teams (since age 9).  Last year (2013) he had his first taste of Umpiring.  He is currently a Level 2.1 Umpire with the Etobicoke Baseball Association.  I have been driving him to and from practices and games (as Andy's work schedule conflicts with Aaron's training), so I have seen and heard A LOT!! 

This will be Aaron's first year playing Rep baseball so it is a new experience for us.  He is currently on the Royal York Cardinals 1999 Rep AA team (Bantam level). 

Apart from his Rep team, Aaron is also on his High School's baseball team, on the school's track & field team, and he will be umpiring again this year!  All this and he still finds the time to volunteer at the Church's Savio Club on his "free" Tuesdays...which has been very few recently! 

So as you can see, he has a very busy schedule...and it explains the bags and dark circles under my eyes! 

Thank you for joining me and, happy reading…


Aaron (almost 2 years old-June 2001)
I didn't have a clue when I picked that outfit!

No comments: