DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Don't Cry Because It Happened...Smile Because It's Over!!!

I know that's not what Dr. Seuss said, but it's exactly how I felt at the end of the Season!!!  I learnt not to regret any decision(s) I've made in life...whether good or bad, as every experience helps to mold me into the person I am destined to be.

The run with the RY Cardinals Rep AA 1999 team was a good experience overall...and a definite eye opener when it comes to competitve sports!

Doing, what he does best!!!
The newly formed Midget Elite League in Toronto created a bit of confusion for both parents and coaches.  We weren't exactly sure which leagues were going ahead with the new MMEL AAA teams and with all the players born in 1999 rushing for a spot on one of these new teams, it created a real mess.

At one point it was announced that RY was given the green light to go ahead but then we heard differently!  It's a good thing Aaron didn't wait to tryout with other teams / leagues.  After trying out with 4 different teams, he received 3 offers...2 of which are AAA teams and one at the AA level.  After thinking about the offers long and hard, and asking lots of questions, we made our decision...and disappointed 2 coaches!  Aaron is now preparing to compete at the AAA level next Season with the MNBA Tigers.  I haven't checked as yet but hopefully the Tigers don't wear white pants!!!

Some of his former teammates have already secured positions with other teams / leagues.  Good luck to all the Cardinal boys for the next Season, with their new teams.

In the meantime, it's back to practice for Track & Field, and Cross Country for him at school...and the school's Girls Softball team for Ariana!

Baseball Season is over for this year so it's time to get ready for the next Season in the year...Winter!!!

As long as my children play, this Mommy will continue to love baseball!!!

No comments: