DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Royal York Cardinals vs. Barrie Red Sox - July 22, 2014.

Tonight we had another clash in the schedules for Aaron and Ariana. Ariana had to be in Rexdale and Aaron had to be in Barrie. Even though I was prepared to make the long drive, I ended up taking Ariana to her game, and Andy drove Aaron to Barrie.
Since Andy is going to his game there will be no real account of tonight's game. The drive to Barrie is just around an hour long, so I was expecting to see them home no earlier than midnight but they arrived just before 10:30 p.m.
As I was still awake I was able to get some solid details from both Aaron...and Andy! When they told me who was selected to pitch, I immediately knew that they weren't expected to win the game. The two pitchers for the team tonight are not very strong pitchers and haven't pitched a lot this Season. I guess Coach Terry is trying to get them ready for the upcoming tournament. Aaron played in the outfield, first base and short stop tonight. According to Andy, he played well and took a nice catch during the defence for his team.
The game got called because there was lightening. According to Aaron, they were in the bottom of the 4th inning and the score was 5-2, for Barrie. I am not sure how this will work. It could be considered a loss for the Cardinals because it was already 4 innings, but we'll have to wait until the results are posted to know for sure. Either way the boys are facing Barrie again on Friday when they compete in the Vaughan tournament.
Good luck to them as they prepare for another 3-day tourney...

No comments: