DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Friday, May 22, 2015

Game 2, Johnson vs. Romero - May 15, 2015

This afternoon the boys from Johnson headed over to Tom Riley park in Toronto to face off with the team from Romero.  Tom Riley was Aaron's home park last year with the RY Cardinals, so it's a very familiar field for him!  Romero was the team from last year with all the mexican accents
 
The game started at 2:30 so I was worried that I wouldn't get to see any of it but since it was the Friday before a long weekend here in Toronto, we were able to leave work at 3:00 p.m., which gave me some time to get home and be able to head over to the game with Andy and Ariana.
 
We got to the field as Aaron was heading back to the mound for the bottom of the 4th inning. The score was already 9-0, for Johnson.  The field was wet as it was raining earlier and all the kids were dirty!  The first batter was out (I honestly don't know how as I was just getting settled) and there was one on base, who ended up scoring a run.  The next two both strike out.


  
Top of the fifth and Aaron goes up to bat.  He hits but is caught and the next two batters both hit and are thrown out at first, to end the inning.
 
Aaron is on second for the bottom of the fifth as a new pitcher takes the mound.  The first batter gets hit with a pitch and walks; the second hits and it's an amazing catch by Aaron who looks like he was going to fall over!  The third walks; the fourth hits towards Aaron, and the runner is out at second, Aaron throws to first and the runner should have been out but the first baseman's feet was off the bag!  The fifth batter hits and is safe on second and 1 run is scored.  The final out came with a run-down between second and third...it took seven players to get the runner out!
 
Top of the sixth and the first batter hits a home run (way to go #24)!  The next batter hits but is out at first; the third batter strikes out and I don't remember how the final out happen as I was paying attention to Andy who was going to look for the home-run ball!
 
Aaron is back on second for the bottom of the sixth and I can clearly see why he likes this position...all the balls come that way.  The first batter hits right to Aaron and he is out at first; the second hits and it's caught by Aaron and the final batter in this inning strikes out.
 
Top of the seventh and Aaron is up to bat and ends up getting a walk; the second batter hits and is safe on first; the third gets hit with a pitch and walks...and the base is loaded!  The fourth batter strikes out and # 24 is back up...and he does it again, It's a grand slam!!!  The sixth batter hits and is safe on first and seventh struck out.  Again, I don't remember what happened for the third out because once again, Andy distracted me to say he was going to look for the grand slam ball!!!
 
 
Bottom of the seventh and final inning, and Aaron is back on second.  The first batter walks; the second strikes out; the third hits towards Aaron and is out at first, but one run is scored and the final batter hist and is out at first.

 
Final score 14-4, for Johnson.  Wow, way to go boys!!!

No comments: