DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Friday, May 22, 2015

Game 4, Johnson vs. Dante - May 20, 2015

Today the team faces the boys from Dante at Keelesdale Park in Toronto.  I called Andy around 4:30 p.m. and he said it was still going on and not a mercy game so I was hoping to catch a part of it before it ended.  The park is not very far from my work but the traffic was terrible but I still managed to get there during the last inning.


As I was walking over to the bleachers, I could seen Aaron in the catcher's gear.  The batter hits a nice one in the outfield and runs all the way to third but this team is encouraging him to run home, even thought the outfielder is throwing in the ball.  All I am thinking is - don't do it, don't do it, Aaron won't let you get away with it!  Do I know my kid or what?  The runner was tagged out!  There was another couple of outs and the game ended because the score was 8-2, so Johnson didn't have to bat.
 
Andy and Ariana both couldn't wait to tell me how well he was doing behind the plate and mentioned a throw he made to second in time to get the out.  Great, he's not pitching today because he was told not too but he is still straining his arm!  He'll definitely be sore for tonight's game!!!
 


No comments: