DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

He, Who Would Accomplish MUCH, Must Sacrifice MUCH!

I will never understand why 'they' scheduled multiple events for the same date!  Some kids have many interests and cannot be in different places at the same time.

A few of the earlier School baseball games were postponed because the permits for the fields were not available in time, and now there are back-to-back games on Tuesday, May 20, 2014.  The first game will start at 12:45 p.m and the second at 3:15 p.m.  Thank God they are both at the same field (at least they got something right)!  Aaron also has a game with his Rep team in Newmarket that same night, which begins at 7:30 p.m.

On top of all this 'madness', the track and field meet is also on Tuesday, May 20, 2014, beginning at 8:30 a.m.  Aaron is entered for the 100m and the 400m relay.

He didn't want to miss any of the events but now realizes that he will have to make some serious choices.  I could really use that cloning machine right now!  After thinking hard about it, he decided he will miss the School's games and go to track meet.

To help him achieve his heart's desire, I decided to take the day off work and go with him to the track event.  In case they finish earlier that expected, I will be able to drive him over to the baseball field, so he can try to get in one game for School, before we head up to Newmarket!

It will be one crazy day, and we will have once TIRED child, but this Baseball Moms knows that sometimes we all have to make sacrifices!

to achieve success
you have to decide what you want
what you are willing to give up to achieve it
and just do it!
 

No comments: