DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Monday, May 5, 2014

I Have NO Life Because My Son Plays Baseball!!!


In the Summer most moms hit the malls on the weekend, go to the movies with girlfriends or host parties, barbeques, etc., but I have no time for any of that 'fun' stuff.  Why?  Because my son loves baseball too much!
 
Friends eventually get tired of inviting you out and hearing the 'excuses'.  I actually had someone, near and dear to me, say - "I don't understand you, you never have time to do anything", and then she ignored me for the rest of the Summer!  Then there are the others, who believe that your child should only be doing the sport they or their kids are involved in!  If not, then you're not a good person and eventually the invites stop coming.  And God forbid you have to cancel an invitation due to last minute changes!  Some won't say it flat out, or even to your face, but their reaction and what they say to others, is all you need to know!

I've heard it all because Aaron was involved in other activities.  As he got older and the schedules got hectic he had to take a break from everything during the Summer months.  Now that he is in High School and on the Rep team, there is a lot he had to put on hold.

A lot of people think that you're just sitting in the hot sun, watching a kids game or just waiting to drive your child home.  For us, who understand the game, it is quite entertaining and enjoyable.  These same people will buy the $100 tickets and go watch the MLB games, but when you're watching these MLB players in the making, they think you're nuts.

If you plan properly and ahead of time, you can make the most of the time spent on the field.  There are other parents and siblings on the field too and because you spend most of the Summer together you're now part of the Baseball family!

What better way to spend Summer, than with your family. 

During the Summer months, especially, everything and everyone else has to wait.  We have NO life but Baseball Moms really don't care!

No comments: