DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Friday, May 2, 2014

Let's Get Ready to Play Ball...

Although it's still a bit colder than we hoped, we're getting ready for a busy week as the games officially kick off!

On Monday, May 5th, Aaron and the the Monsignor Percy Johnson Varsity Boys will play their very first game.  The MPJ Boys didn't have much practice and haven't played together as a team.  They had a couple indoor practice in the school's gym and a single practice on the fields (thanks to our Canadian weather).  However, the team is made up of a number of Rep players, from both AA and AAA teams.  Good luck to them as they take on the boys from Redmond on Monday!

On Wednesday, May 7th, it's back to back games for Aaron as MPJ Varsity Boys will play their second game against St. Basil in Toronto, and then we have approximately an hour and a half to get Aaron to Aurora, for the Royal York Cardinals '1999' Rep AA first game of the Season.  The RY Cardinals 1999 Rep AA boys will face the Aurora Jays on Wednesday, and then Richmond Hill on Thursday.

This weekend before the start of any games, Aaron will be at an Umpire's meeting with Martingrove Baseball League.  Hopefully we'll have a better idea of what his umpire schedule will be like.  And there's still practice on Sunday morning with the Rep team!

So what will I do with the few spare hours I have this weekend?  Let's see...I still have to dig out the folding chairs and cooler from the garage; pack a first aid kit; freeze the ice packs, find and freeze the pitching sleeve; charge my camera; and I will definitely have to groom the dog (nobody likes a wet, muddy, shaggy dog in their car).

Moms who loves baseball truly have NO life!!!



UPDATE

MPJ Varsity Boys vs. Redmond (Monday, May 5th) - game CANCELLED!

No comments: