DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Rexdale Canadian Jays vs. Weston 1 - June 23, 2014

Tonight we travelled to Pelmo Park in Toronto as the Jays faced Weston 1.  While Ariana is at this game Aaron is umpiring another Mosquito game for Martingrove Baseball League down at Islington and Eglinton.

As we were leaving home the rain started falling and I was hoping we wouldn't have to drive all the way to Pelmo Park and then have the game cancelled.  We got there just around 6:15 p.m and then found out that Weston don't start any games before 7:00 p.m!

After a couple delays, on Weston's part, the game finally started around 7:15 p.m. and the Jays were up to bat first.  Ariana was third in the lineup.  She took a walk after a full count...and after ducking from a pitch!  Thank God the pitcher didn't hit her as was pitching a bit hard and already hit another kid.  She advanced to 2nd base but was left on 3rd when the inning ended.  The Jays only got 1 run in the first inning.

Thank God she ducked from that pitch!
Weston got 5 runs in the first inning.  One of the girls on the team tried pitching for the Jays tonight and Weston seemed happy as they got their 5 runs and ended the inning. Ariana played short stop.

Andy and I were texting and picture messaging back and forth to see how the games were going.  It looks like it's time for me to consider trading up my blackberry for an Iphone...so we can facetime (according to Ariana)!

In the second inning the Jays were able to get their 5 runs in.

Weston didn't get any runs in the third inning but the Jays got another 5 and took the lead with a score of 11-8.

It was already minutes to 9 and they decided to play another inning...which I will never understand, as it is a school night!

Sitting on the bleachers here tonight my mind went back in time.  I have many photos of Aaron pitching in this park.  He opened the majority of games back then for the Rexdale Renegades Select.  It is amazing how things have changed from just 3 years ago.  The Peewee games back then were more intense and exciting than they are now.  I guess it all has to do with the coaching!

By the time we pulled into the driveway, it was already 10 p.m!

No comments: