DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Royal York Cardinals vs. Thornhill Reds # 1 - June 17, 2014 - CANCELLED (due to thunderstorm in Ontario)

Last week Wednesday, the Cardinals faced the Reds # 2 team and although both teams struggled with the condition of the field, our boys walked away with a lot of mud on their cleats and a mercy win!  That was the game where I relied on Andy to take notes!  Tonight the boys were prepared to face off with the Reds # 1 team, again in Thornhill.  Although I was faced with another conflict in the kids' schedules, I made arrangements to ensure I would be there to take my notes myself!

Ariana had her team photo session from 6:00 p.m. in Toronto and Aaron had to be on the field in Thornhill for practice at 6:30 p.m. and for the game at 7:30 p.m.  I could have stayed with Ariana and let Andy take Aaron but we were able to get one of the other parents to give Aaron a ride.  Also, the boys in the middle of writing exams so this is the only game for the week...and there's no way I was going missing it. 

Due to the severe thunderstorm this evening all games / photo sessions were cancelled.  It's a good thing too because the power lines on our street were damaged by a broken tree branch.  A branch also got tangled in the wires on the light pole near our home and there were some serious sparks.  The fire truck came by and blocked off the street because of the live wire and the water.

Hope everyone stays safe...and dry.

No comments: