DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I Did NOT See This Coming!!!

We were at the field on Monday, waiting as Aaron umpired a game, when Ariana sprung this news on us!  She, the same girl who thought Baseball was "Aaron's Thing", now decides she wants to try it herself.  Andy and I were both shocked...and pleasantly surprised!  I guess spending all this time watching her brother on the field and playing with him in the backyard has finally rubbed off on her!  I knew she was taking an interest this Season as she is understanding the game better now.
 
Andy made some phone calls to see if there was still time to get her into a team.  We weren't sure which level she would have to play because she will be turning 12 in a couple of days.  Andy thinks she'll be at the Mosquito level but I am guessing it will be PeeWee!  The Season officially began last week so she will miss at least 1 game but because Rexdale Baseball League is not very well organized, it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't played any games as yet.
 
We asked if she was completely sure of this and she claims to be.  When asked what changed her mind, her response was - well Soccer is boring and Baseball looks like fun.  I told her she would have to catch up on the rules because she will be starting at a later level and her response was - Aaron can teach me.
 
Later that evening she decided to tell her brother her news, and she promised him that she will listen to him and learn all she can and they can practice together.
 
The question now is...which parent is going with which child!
 
I guess this Baseball Mom is going shopping for PINK cleats earlier than planned!
 

No comments: