DISCLAIMER: I am not a writer or critic, just an everyday mom who really loves baseball...especially when my kids are on the field!!!

My blog was created to track my children's special moments on the field and their experience(s) with their respective teams. It is written through a mother's eyes. The intent is solely for the purpose of reliving the game(s) during post season. From my experience, there will be some bad plays / unfortunate incidents, and these may be recorded in order to follow the game(s). There will also be times when I will have questions or doubts...but these are MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION(S).

I apologize in advance if I do, but I do not intend to criticize any player, or coach...I SIMPLY CALL IT AS I SEE IT!!!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Toronto Blue Jays welcomes Royal York Baseball Association - June 29, 2014

The Cardinal Boys were invited to take in the Blue Jays game (against the Chicago White Sox) on Sunday, June 29, 2014, by the Jays Care Community Clubhouse.  I am not sure about the other boys but I know Aaron was excited about this invitation.  It was a great opportunity for the boys to relax and enjoy themselves before they head off to Cleveland, Ohio for their upcoming tournament.  Good luck to them as they will be facing all American teams.
 
We were supposed to attend the game on Saturday, June 28, 2014 but were able to change our tickets for the Sunday game.  This way, Aaron got to go with the team and we sat in the stadium.  I do believe we had better seats as we were in Section 123L, Row 29, which was just to the left of the home plate and we got a chance to see each player as they stood in the batting circle.

 
 
Just as we reached our seats and sat down, a foul ball came flying over the net.  Andy jumped up and the ball grazed his glove but he couldn't get it!  I don't think he will forget this for sure.
 
The sun was hot and although our seats was just out of the direct sunlight, it was still hot and sticky.  We got the opportunity to see how the roof of the Rogers Centre closes.
 
Ariana...prepared to cheer on the Jays - June 29, 2014.
The game was a very exciting one and the innings ended fairly quickly but in the end the Jays lost to the White Sox with a sore of 4-0.

No comments: